 Trains / Train Organizations / 83
Re: more known groups
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 16:52:47 GMT

Just thinking here about NOVA LTC...

Did you know that Chevy tried to market the Nova in Latin America and it
totally flopped.  It seems as though nobody in upper management knew that NOVA
means "It doesn't go" in Spanish.  Being in California, I know my Spanish
well.  Just a little off topic comment.

Also, I think that using 5 letters really won't work, as LTC has to be three
of them.  That leaves 2 real letters to use.  Is SCLTC going to be Southern
California or South Carolina?  As these clubs proliferate, it will become a
greater problem.

If it is the NOrthern VA Lego Train Club, then NOVALTC is correct.  If it is
the Lego Train Club of NOrthern VA, then LTCNOVA is right.  I think it doesn't
matter much.

Also, I am busy as can be setting up my system so that I can have something
for the road when the Calif. LTC gets going.  Does anybody run layouts with
electrical lines for the trains or are we all American Diesel?  I was
wondering because I am making power posts for a simulated electrical line
system.

Mike Poindexter

In lugnet.trains.org, Todd Lehman writes: