 Trains / Train Organizations / 814 (-10)
  Re: For the history books -- LUG & LTC dates of formation

PNLTC 'organized' or, rather, met under the name in June 1997 so that applications could be submitted for the Sept. and Oct. GATS venues. We also started building tables at that time. Initial activity and pics were graciously posted by Ben on his (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Which to collect - 4.5v, 9v, 12v

Thanks for everybody's input. I have made a decision. I am going to buy as many of the 12V trains as I can afford. (I might even buy some to sell on eBay so I can afford more!) I can then always convert to 9V later on (if they are still available?). (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New Model, MOC Fabuland Train

Thanks Now you mention it, it does remind me of train on a Tiny Toons video game. The motor is a #107 (URL) recently picked it up for US$7, complete & in new condition [no box]) I originally used the plug in train wheels but it was only 6 wide with (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.fabuland, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: PNLTC - Steve ?

Steve's around. He posts to the train group periodically. I just did a search and his most recent post is from a couple of weeks ago: (URL) can get his email address there. I believe that he is on vacation this week, which is why he probably won't (...) (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: For the history books -- LUG & LTC dates of formation

(...) okie dokie (...) Hmm. --Todd (24 years ago, 12-Oct-00, to lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org)

  PNLTC - Steve ?

I tried to e-mail Steve via the webmaster feedback section of the PNLTC web-site, but the address was rejected. I notice that he hasn't posted in about a year... SRC (Another Steve) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: More pictures of GFLTC at the H & R Show

(...) Yes, a schedule:-) Reminds me of last Spring-- my family and I vacationed in FL the week before a GFLTC show in Tampa-- I was bummed! We are going to be there again next Spring as well..... -John (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New Model, MOC Fabuland Train

That's pretty neat. It has a very quirky appearance to it. It reminds me if Disney's Toon Town. What are you using as a motor? It looks like an old 4.5v motor (the large black kind with a chassis). However, it looks like you are using technic rods (...) (24 years ago, 10-Oct-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.fabuland, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  NGLTC pictures from the October Greenberg show

The North Georgia LEGO Train Club survived another show, we had a blast. Not only was there the standard layout, we had a few new additions. Including the Kids Layout (great stuff these guys built), video train camera (got to see the layout though (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org) !

  Re: New Model, MOC Fabuland Train

(...) For starters, don't call it a train. It so far is a locomotive, without a tender. Good start though. Reminds me of those street trams gussied up to look like trains (Bournemouth has some which I saw on my walkabout this morning). (...) This (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.fabuland, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact