 Trains / Train Organizations / 739 (-5)
  Re: Got NMRA? (was Re: New Interurban/Trolley model, perfect for those downtown scenes)

(...) Cool! If you have any 4.5V or 12V stuff, you might want to bring it and do 10-15 minutes on the history of LEGO trains. I'd also bring any recent stock trains that you have, and some MOCs. Print out a variety of Track Designer plans to show (...) (24 years ago, 27-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Got NMRA? (was Re: New Interurban/Trolley model, perfect for those downtown scenes)

A funny thing happened while I was reading this thread. I got a call from the local chapter of the NMRA, the SER-Piedmont Division. They called and asked if I would do a workshop/presentation on LEGO trains at their December meeting. I thought that (...) (24 years ago, 27-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Train Purity (was Got NMRA? (was....

(...) Wow, Dan, I am pleased and surprised by your response. For some reason, I got the feeling that the PNLTC would be "pure" to the end, no matter what the outcome (or perhaps yours is a minority voice?). I have a feeling that the sentiments of (...) (24 years ago, 27-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Got NMRA? (was Re: New Interurban/Trolley model, perfect for those downtown scenes)

(...) No matter what TLC does, if a third party manufacturer stepped in with a quality product, I would abandon purity in a minute. I don't think I'm the only one either. I think track, wheels, and couplers are the area most ripe for non-TLC (...) (24 years ago, 27-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Got NMRA? (was Re: New Interurban/Trolley model, perfect for those downtown scenes)

(...) I might be able to manage one in white and grey, using sun discolored pieces. Frank (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact