 Trains / Train Organizations / 504
  LEGO and the NMRA

I was reading this months NMRA (Nation Model Railroad Assoc.) magazine and it featured garden railroads. What caught my attention was some comments from the editor. He mentioned that many in the NMRA didn't consider garden railroads "real" model (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO and the NMRA

(...) When will they ever learn? Aaron (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO and the NMRA

If I ever have to run my LEGO trains at scale speeds according to pseudo time tables I will shoot my self and have my collection ground up and sprinkled over the nearest train yard! SteveB (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO and the NMRA

Steve - LOL - I love it! :^) Ed (...) yourself! (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO and the NMRA

<calm police negotiator voice ON> Steve ... put the gun down...you have a lot to live for...your minifigs are counting on you...<calm police negotiator voice OFF> I wonder though has anyone ever tried to figure out what the LEGO scale speeds are? (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO and the NMRA

(...) Don't do THAT, just sell it to me. Proto operation (switch lists, dispatchers, CTC panels, bad orders, etc.) can be a lot of fun. It's just not everyone's cup of tea, it's a lot like WORK. :-) As our hobby matures we will see continued (...) (24 years ago, 15-May-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: LEGO and the NMRA

(...) A similar example is found with Hornby O gauge (pre/post WW2). This stuff is very toy-like, made of flat printed tinplate with it's own style, runs on very coarse track but it provides HUGE entertainment for adult collectors and spectators at (...) (24 years ago, 16-May-00, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)