 Trains / Train Organizations / 511
Re: LEGO and the NMRA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 17:59:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile writes:

If I ever have to run my LEGO trains at scale speeds according to pseudo
time tables I will shoot my self and have my collection ground up and
sprinkled over the nearest train yard!

Don't do THAT, just sell it to me.

Proto operation (switch lists, dispatchers, CTC panels, bad orders, etc.) can
be a lot of fun. It's just not everyone's cup of tea, it's a lot like WORK. :-)

As our hobby matures we will see continued branching into different areas, we
see it now, we have the "fine scale" contingent (the 8 wide gang) two different
modular standards, US vs euro, and lots of other stuff where different people
take different approaches. That's a GOOD thing, it means there's lots of gas
left in the trains subgenre for us to have lots of fun.

++Lar