 Trains / Train Organizations / 510
Re: LEGO and the NMRA
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 16:20:10 GMT

<calm police negotiator voice ON> Steve ... put the gun down...you have a
lot to live for...your minifigs are counting on you...<calm police
negotiator voice OFF>

I wonder though has anyone ever tried to figure out what the LEGO scale
speeds are? Something like: "LEGO trains traveling at 4 studs per second
(SPS) is equal to a real train traveling at 50 miles per hour". You could
use a set of light sensors hooked to a Mindstorm set to figure what rate
your train was traveling, then do the calculation. hmmm, I guess the
question would then be asked, "why would you want to?" ...

sebarile-MOBL wrote in message ...

If I ever have to run my LEGO trains at scale speeds according to pseudo
time tables I will shoot my self and have my collection ground up and
sprinkled over the nearest train yard!
SteveB