 Trains / Train Organizations / 2884 (-20)
  Re: Pleasanton museum pictures

(...) That's cute. Is that fairground train animated? Jason R (18 years ago, 5-Aug-06, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Pleasanton museum pictures

Here are pictures from our latest train layout in the Pleasanton museum: (URL) Clark President/Co-Founder, BayLTC/BayLUG (URL) Chief, PCFD There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness". (18 years ago, 5-Aug-06, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  IR train base alternative

Hey all, Well I’m at it again. This time I bring you something with more usability. As most of you reading this should know the Lego Company recently released 2 IR train sets. While the idea is great, the implementation left much to be desired. The (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.trains.org, FTX) !!

  Re: TCLTC ILTCO show at the NMRA in Philly wrap up

(...) Was an absolute treat for me as well! Thanks again for lunch and showing me your layout and talking everything we talked! It was great meeting you and Ross in person (as well as all the others I met). Glad you made it home safely and I hope to (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: TCLTC ILTCO show at the NMRA in Philly wrap up

Hi All, Yes it's been 12 days and I never knew how much I could miss my long distance friends! I could write a book on the topic... anyway... Each and everyone that was at the show deserves a huge thanks for all the hard work that went into the (...) (18 years ago, 23-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  (canceled)

  Re: TCLTC ILTCO show at the NMRA in Philly wrap up

(...) Wait, people actually asked if that was Lego water? Ow, that it is hurting my head. (...) 21 hours of driving? Yipes. Although I must confess it was nice to finally see your stuff as well as others' in person. (The NMRA show being the first (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  TCLTC ILTCO show at the NMRA in Philly wrap up

(URL) Well, it has been 2 weeks since the BIG EVENT and so I thought I'd record some thoughts before I forgot everything. (Pics of our stuff from the show (URL) HERE>) Ross and I finally left MN at about 9pm on July 4th and drove straight thru. We (...) (18 years ago, 22-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Questions about doing a museum show

Thanks everyone for replying with such great info and ideas. I'm a list person, so here's a list of some of what I've learned: - Best not to leave anything really fragile or difficult to rebuild out during the week when the museum staff will be (...) (18 years ago, 21-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Questions about doing a museum show

(...) Either drive the whole set-up from an RCX with some sensors to detect when folks are present at certain places around the layout (no need for LDC here, just "power on / power off ability might be enough). If you don't like the RCX running a (...) (18 years ago, 18-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Questions about doing a museum show

Gail Meagher wrote: [...] (...) [...] (...) [...] Gail, From a person working at the SEE Science Center in Manchester NH where a LEGO railroad is running through a 19th century mill city. Motors will last "1-3 weeks. That is at 5 hours a day 7 days (...) (18 years ago, 18-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Questions about doing a museum show

The GMLTC had our layout set up at the Minnesota Transportation Museum's Jackson Street Roundhouse for several months, it just about destroyed the club. We set it up late October 2005, and took it down in February. The museum is open on Wednesdays (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains.org)

"Gail Meagher" <685721@ican.net> wrote in message news:44B6734F.55F794...can.net... (...) NCLTC has done several displays at one of the local malls. Each time our display has been up, it has stayed up longer. We have done a 4 week, 6 week, and 9 (...) (18 years ago, 17-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Questions about doing a museum show

(...) BayLTC is currently on display at our sixth museum show. Our displays have ranged from one week to six weeks. We usually have at least one person at the layout on weekends, and the museum staff covers on weekdays. My cell number is always (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Questions about doing a museum show

(...) Gail, The Vancouver LEGO Club is currently doing a display/show at the (URL) Museum>. It's on display June 3 - Aug. 19, 2006. We had a week beforehand to set up, and 3 days after to tear down. Items we provided: Artifacts related to the (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Questions about doing a museum show

In lugnet.trains.org, Gail Meagher wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> PNLTC (Now GPLR and PSLTC) did a few museum shows at the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) (where I happen to work full time). One of our shows was just for one weekend, and (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Questions about doing a museum show

I'm looking to pick the brains of clubs who have done longer duration shows, especially at a museum. NovaLUG (Nova Scotia, Canada) has been approached by a museum, but the longest show we have done before was one day setup and two day display. In (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  NMRA 2006 3D group layout

I’m finishing up on the finial render for this years picture. At this time I need the following groups logo’s if available. If any one wants me to email a larger file then what will be on brickshelf once the finial renders are done just email me (...) (18 years ago, 3-Jul-06, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Announcing the new LUGNET Link List

Hi All, I would like to announce the new LUGNET Link List: (URL) former Link List, Michael Dorneichs great "Everything LEGO Link Page", is located here now: (URL) this list was last updated more than 3 years ago and it has too many broken links to (...) (18 years ago, 27-Jun-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org) !!

  latest BayLTC pictures

Here are pictures from our latest museum show: (URL) (18 years ago, 19-Jun-06, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact