 Trains / Train Organizations / 2764
  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) Yes, that's similar to how it's done in the US, except that here they just pay a predetermined flat appearance fee to each participating club rather than trying to pay actual expenses. We don't get lunch though. What puzzled me was the (...) (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) True. But this varies by region, in some regions GATS is not the only show organizer. For example, MichLTC does more shows (by a wide margin) that are put on and organized by local clubs, than shows put on by GATS. And in the case of a local (...) (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) It is the always the case in the UK, there is no equivalent to GATS. Some of the local clubs do put on national size and quality shows but they do (and can do) this purely because they have a large membership and a willing and active (...) (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) Waverly springs to mind, as does the York show (to which I have been once :). IMREX used to be the big show in London, but I think I am dating myself by saying so...I think Waverly is now the biggest single show. There are shows put on by (...) (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)