 Trains / Train Organizations / 2759 (-5)
  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) Sprinters come in short and long wheelbase versions as well as in low and high roof versions (so you get 4 possible cubics, plus all the door and window options). I bet the long wheelbase Transit is about the same capacity, or perhaps smaller, (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) The standard thing for UK model railway exhibitions is that the organisers pay travelling expenses (i.e. van hire and petrol (gas)) within reason and normally provide lunch for exhibitors. (Traders of course have to pay to be there) (...) A (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) Sorry, two questions - First, model railway clubs pay you to hire a van? How does that work? Why would they pay you? Second, did you realize that while some enlightened Americans may have heard of a Ford Transit, they've probably never seen (...) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) I'm surprised you would use inches as your base measurement, since you are based in Europe. Why didn't you just use the simple formula 1 stud = 8 mm? (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Discussion of Train Table Sizes

(...) I sub-contracted this to a model railway board builder. The boards I have ATM cost £26.80 each plus £9.90 per double leg, and I have 20 of each. This came to £742, a considerable investment! Add to this sneeze guards made from 14 pieces of (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact