 Trains / Train Organizations / 2467
2466  |  2468
Subject:
Drafting 101 (was: Re: Partout Acitivity Guidelines)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.dixielug, lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 20:52:37 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.org, John Riley wrote:
   We here at DixieLUG are interested in doing a partout activity. It’s sort of like Secret Santa: everybody brings the same set, all the sets’ pieces are sorted into piles of identical pieces. Then everybody takes turns taking pieces.

Are there some guidelines or rules for this activity? We heard about this through the grapevine, and thought it worth trying at least once.

Well as it happens, MichLUG has done this quite a few times and had a blast every time. I have recieved requests in the past on how to do this, and had finally got around to writing something up.

http://www.michlug.org/resources/articles/drafting101.pdf

This is by no means the be-all, end-all on drafting lego sets. I would love to hear from other clubs on how they have done this and their suggestions. I would probably be willing to update it and/or write an additional piece if there was an interest or lots of new information brought up.

Comments, suggestions, and free Lego welcome.

Jason Spears | BrickCentral | MichLUG