 Trains / Train Organizations / 2046
Re: 12v Trains at BrickFest! - 8 days and closing!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 16:51:08 GMT

8 days to BrickFest!

I don't think I'll get a track plan made up ahead of time, but I think
it will be fun to develop a track plan when we get there (and expand if
some of the track doesn't show up until later). What I would ask is that
people driving bring as much track as they feel comfortable with.

There is some stuff I want to make sure we have, if you will be bringing
any of these items, please let me know.

Transformers:
   step up transformer (I feel we need capacity to run
      at least 3 transformers, if not more, please
      indicate the wattage of your step up)
   740 blue, 220v
   741 blue, 220v
   742 blue, 100v
   740 style grey? (seen several times on ebay)
   7864

Track (these are minimums, we want as much as possible of course):
   Crossing:
      blue 4.5v
      grey 4.5v
      blue 12v
      grey 12v
   Points
      1 pr blue 4.5v
      1 pr grey 4.5v
      1 pr blue 12v remote
      1 pr grey 12v remote
   Straight
      blue 4.5v
      blue conductor rails
      grey 4.5v
      grey conductor rails
   Curve
      blue 4.5v
      blue conductor rails
      grey 4.5v
      grey conductor rails

Accessories:
   7860 signal track
   7862 remote decoupler track
   7866 electric crossing gates
   7867 light posts
   5062 4.5v signal and direction switch (red)
    156 4.5v signal and direction switch (blue)

Trains:
   MOCs! (I will bring my Beyer-Garrat)
         (if you have blue/red style passenger cars we can add them to
this train)
   7740  (bring as many cars in this color scheme as you have)
   7745  (this would be cool to run a big one also)
   727   (blue era 12v motor - I'm bringing a modified one)

If you have any 4.5v or 12v sets in box, let me know what you want to
bring for display (these can be displayed in the historical room, or we
can have a table of historical train sets).

Since there will be a PNLTC mall show the same weekend, I will be
leaving my 7735 and a transformer behind for use there.

I'm getting pretty excited about this!

Frank