 Trains / Train Organizations / 2026
Re: 12v Trains at BrickFest! (was Re: BrickFest tentative Train agenda)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 12:56:35 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Frank Filz writes:

I would love to hear from folks as to what they can bring, especially in
the way of transformers (I can bring twice as much track if I can leave
the transformers at home). I would love for people to bring uncoupling
tracks (I don't have any of those), and automatic crossing gates (I have
a couple of those, but don't have them built yet).

I have tons of gray-era 12v track that I can bring (probably around 150
pieces of straight and 150 curved) and several right and left points both
remote and manual. Plus if more remote points are needed, I know where I can
get some MISB. I also have a 12v crossing and an uncoupling track. There are
2 transformers - one has the 2 prong European plug the other has a 3 prong
American plug (factory installed). I also have a 110v-220v step-up
transformer. For simplicity, though, I would suggest substituting 110v power
supplies and not using the Lego power supplies. I think this would be
simpler since the step-up transformers would not be needed.

As far as trains go: 2-7740+7819, 7735, 7745 and extra motors to convert the
Super Chief, Hogwarts Express, or Metroliner.

Will there be a monorail display?

Since I will be flying from Atlanta, I have to be selective about what I
bring. Working out a track design soon I think is a great idea.