 Trains / Train Organizations / 2044
Re: PNLTC Centralia Meeting Pictures Up
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 23:25:09 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Matthew J. Chiles writes:
In lugnet.trains, Benjamin Medinets writes:
In lugnet.trains, Matthew J. Chiles writes:

We all had lunch of Steve's lasagna and everyones snacks, and then we did a
Dirty Brickster gift exchange.

Can you tell more about that? What makes it a "dirty brickster" exchange?

Lar,

The pic says that it was some sort of a gift exchange.

My opinion is that it was probably like a game where you bring "inexpensive"
lego set, and then you draw a name out of the hat...

...then that person gets to choose a set from the middle, and then the next
guy can choose a set from the middle or take yours.

The "stolen" set can only be passed around 3 times, and then it becomes "dead".

Again, this is my opinion....it looks like it was fun whatever it was.

Ben pretty much got it exactly right.  We all brought a small wrapped Lego
set or item (valued at $10 or less theoritically) and then drew numbers.
You got to choose a suprise from the table or steal someone elses.  I was
really lucky to go near the start, get a great item (a custom tractor
hauling car by Dan Parker) and not have it stolen!  It turned out everyone
kept hoping for something even better I guess, and some more great stuff
came and which was fought over.  I think everyone had a good time at it.  It
was like Christmas in May!

We have traditionally played this very game (right down to freezing things
at 3) every christmas with our relatives. Some really duff gifts are usually
in the pile somewhere to make things more amusing.

There is no really duff LEGO though so that may be a small "drawback" :-)

XFUT to trains.org (where most of this thread probably belongs) as this
seems a good game for any club to consider doing...