 Trains / Train Organizations / 1629 (-20)
  Re: New building (Tan)

If I can ask, but where exactly do you work, & how much free time do you have!? Josh (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.general)

  Re: New building (Tan)

"John Neal" <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote in message news:3BA23747.830152...est.net... (...) Each of us in our own way will come back to our enjoyment of the brick. For some it may take longer than others but I think that play and building with the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.general)

  Re: New building (Tan)

John & All, (...) I know the feeling, my Shell Gas Station was eating up obscene amoutns of yellow tile, I had to go through many Brickbay orders and the like. I got the last shipment 3 days befor MLTC's GATS Show in Grand Rapids. My next project (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.general)

  Re: New building (Tan)

(...) Thanks, Scott. Very perceptive-- that 1 element was indeed the most difficult for me to obtain! I forgot to mention that this building will be sitting on the TCLTC layout, hence the crosspost to trains.org. -John (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

(...) How so? I thought you were too busy to take on new projects? You've been too busy even to answer my mail, in fact. (we all are, no doubt) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

I thought about the sticker idea too, but then I think you loose the some of the "flavor" of the club cars. On of the cool things about them is that each club is represented by more than just a sticker (or logo) but by a style used to create such a (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New building (Tan)

A very nice piece. I wish I had the time for doing something like that myself. Rich -- Have Fun! C-Ya! Legoman34 ***** Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily express the views of my employer...) BRICKFEST 2002 IS JUST AROUND (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

(...) I like this idea; I have cool visions of a line of boxcars going by.... "NALUG"..."VLC"..."PNLTC"... and so forth. James (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New building (Tan)

(...) That cornice design is *stunning*. Bram's right, that's a great use of obscure parts. The 1x4 tiles with 5-finger hinge are also really neat--what set did those come from in bulk? (...) I see! I hope you'll produce more--the tan/brown/white (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.general)

  RE: New building (Tan)

(...) LEGO is always appropriate :) (...) And an incredible cornice it is...great use of obscure parts! If you need 14 more trapdoors, I have 'em :) (...) You sure this is your first? I remember plenty of other detailed models from you :) (...) (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.general)

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

(...) Funny thought:-) Or, maybe we could assemble all of the clubs logos together and make a sticker sheet so that they could all be placed on a *Club Car* of the particular club's design. That would save the hassles and expense of shipping and (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: New building (Tan)

John & All, (...) have been trying to get some of those parts, like the 1x4 tan hinge. It is truly a great building! Can't wait to see more! Scott S. -- (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.general)

  New building (Tan)

Timing, as they say, is everything, so in many ways even the idea of playing with LEGO seems a little absurd in light of recent events, but life will go on for us and there's nothing that any despicable coward can do that will conquer our (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.arch, lugnet.general) !!

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

(...) Good idea. Makes particular sense for clubs that show fair bit to be recepients... and for clubs that have the resources to afford to send out several cars to be the senders. Still could have a traveling box for the smaller clubs that only (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Ambassador train for the PNLTC layout at LEGOLAND

Another idea would be to instead of sending the cars around the country would be for clubs to trade cars with each other. Each club make up a design and replicated it, then trade with other clubs for their ambassador cars. Probally need to glue the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  SCLTC to hold meeting this Saturday

For All in the Southern California Region, The Southern California LEGO Train Club will be holding a meet this Saturday, Sept. 15. Our meeting will held at Robert Powell's place and instruction how to get there are posted on lugnet.trains.org.scltc (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: North Georgia LEGO Train Club displaying at Flowery Branch Depot

I've had a few people write me and ask if this event is still being held this weekend, and yes it is. The weather is supposed to be nice so give your eyes, mind and heart a break from the news and come out and enjoy a nice small town festival. jt (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.ga.atl, lugnet.loc.us.ga)

  Re: New Train Club Founded-- Twin Cities LEGO Train Club (TCLTC)

Wow, very cool John. I'd love to see some pictures of what you have built so far. It will be interesting to see how the club's layout works with a "true" modular mentality in LEGO. I'm guess that it will be designed for 8 wide of course. Good luck (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  New Train Club Founded-- Twin Cities LEGO Train Club (TCLTC)

Although I am a member of the Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club, I am forming a sister club called the Twin Cities LEGO Train Club. This club will differ from the GMLTC in that it will be a truly modular club, with members providing their own modules (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp)

  Re: LUG / Train Club Meeting in Arkansas

I'm still in...I just want to let the dust settle from the catastrophies before I start attending. Go ahead and email me a map too. -Rob (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.us.ar, lugnet.org.us.tennlug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact