 Trains / Train Organizations / 1174 (-5)
  Re: TeenLTC?

(...) While I'd agree that getting excited isn't A Good Thing, and that "MICHLTC has been gobbled up by Larry Industires" is over-stated, there does seem to be an element of "Let's do this my way" in the Michigan LEGO groups, the few seemingly (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: ICLTC

(...) I think this is one of those cases where the few outway the many... If some people think the name is sexist and stupid (I do as well) then I don't think we should use it. Being traditional doesn't make it right, besides to many people wouldn't (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: IBLTC

(...) Not really, I don't think. Names get chosen for whimsical reasons or no reason at all, or to be like other names. (c.f. John Allen's famous Gorre & Dapheted RR, one of the most spectactular pre 1960 layouts, which was named to make a really (...) (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: IBLTC

(...) That thought train sounds like rationalization to me. But it's not my brotherhood so forget my two cents. --Todd [followups to .trains.org] (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: ICLTC

(...) If you read between the lines, I most certainly did. (...) Regardless of being or not being PC, I think it's a sexist, stupid name. --Todd (24 years ago, 27-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact