 Trains / 9878
  Motorized Railroad Crossing Lift-Gate Plans

I just posted building instructions for my motorized railroad crossing lift-gates on BrickShelf: (URL) working on a set of instructions for my lighted "railroad crossing" sign next. I eventually hope to tie it all up with a formal write-up about (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorized Railroad Crossing Lift-Gate Plans

Great work! I think I'll build one for myself. "Chris Phillips" <chris.phillips@comp...oards.com> wrote in message news:G988zL.17H@lugnet.com... (...) sign (...) that (...) A lighted one like on the 7866 12V would be great as well. Love to see those (...) (23 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorized Railroad Crossing Lift-Gate Plans

(...) Thank you, Chris! Ed (23 years ago, 23-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorized Railroad Crossing Lift-Gate Plans

(...) Chris, is it all right if i use this idea on my ideas page, with a link to your e-mail or a website? If so, thanks in advance! Josh (URL) (23 years ago, 24-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorized Railroad Crossing Lift-Gate Plans

I've been trying to build a dual one (i.e. a gate on each side of the rails), but I keep having trouble keeping the sides in synch. If I use two motors, they seem to turn at slightly different rates so the gates don't line up after a while. I tried (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorized Railroad Crossing Lift-Gate Plans

(...) What I did on my lift bridge was used two motors but slaved them together with a geartrain and axle. That way they had to stay in synch but I wasn't asking one motor to keep both sides synched. ++Lar (23 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorized Railroad Crossing Lift-Gate Plans

(...) This wouldn't be easy to implement but how about placing the motor midway between both gates? Will Bricksburg Fire and Rescue: www.crosswinds.net/~hokie Bricksburg Depot: (URL) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorized Railroad Crossing Lift-Gate Plans

(...) I have synchronized a pair of these gates, and it is much easier to do than you might imagine. The drive train in my design uses a rubber-band, which allows slippage when the gates reach their limits of motion. The rather odd assortment of (...) (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorized Railroad Crossing Lift-Gate Plans

(...) images or plans from another site. I am in the process of improving these directions and I am also writing up a few more related items (flashing warning lights and RCX control) that you may also want to link to. - Chris. (23 years ago, 26-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)