 Trains / 9696
  MOC: first 8-wide diesel moc

this is my first try at making an 8- wide diesel train. Ran a little short on green. I think it needs to be a little longer. (URL) any feedback appreciated! -Mike Knuepfel (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: first 8-wide diesel moc

Hey Mike- Nice job on the 8 wide! I like the turned sideways doors for front windows. I am trying to think of an all green line, and the closest I can come to is BN, which was actually black on top. So, you could convert all of your green on top to (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: first 8-wide diesel moc

(...) I agree with what John had to say. But this seems like as good a place as any to say that I came up with another way to do 5-wide hoods. Instead of using 1x2-tiles-with-center-stud plates I have started using technic beams. The beams are good (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: first 8-wide diesel moc

(...) Not only BN ran these (named F45, FP45), and the walkway isn't covered for that reason. Wisconsin Central has the most right now, but the marron & gold is hard to model. Here are 3 pictures of BN F45's: (URL) this locomotive has one to cover (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: first 8-wide diesel moc

(...) Yes, the primary purpose was to cut down on wind resistance, but other related advantages included: easier access to machinery when loco was in motion, passage along motive power was obviously safer when in motion, they were easier to clean (...) (23 years ago, 12-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: first 8-wide diesel moc

(...) Yes, They are the original purchase, BNSF has a few left overs, but most were sold and Wisconsin Central ( (URL) ) was the largest purchaser. WC is now supposed to be bought out by Candian National, if the Gov. will let them. josh (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: first 8-wide diesel moc

(...) here is a pic, but the reason for this cover isn't really snow, but it is the same concept: (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 13-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)