 Trains / 9463
  Re: O Winston Link passed away

(...) This is quite a shame as he was a remarkable photographer. Recently in some magazine (the New Yorker?, Vanity Fair?) there was an article about the surprising number of great 20th century photographers who are still alive though quite advanced (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jan-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: O Winston Link passed away

(...) I can scan some of Link's photos if anyone would like, they are in some model railroad magazines. I think he only too B&W's too. Josh (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: O Winston Link passed away

(...) Nope. He did take some colour photos. However, the vast majority of the night photographs are black and white photographs. I think that you probably shouldn't go wildly scanning in his images, because people get mad when you go doing that (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: O Winston Link passed away

I dont know for sure but didnt Winston pass away a long time ago. In MR there was an article about him in '98 and said he had died. (...) I dont think so, on my latest trip to Alaska we stopped at Skagway (where the yukon gold rush was started) And (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: O Winston Link passed away

(...) Nope, just this week. The New York Times posted the obituary today. It also retreads the marital problems he had late in life where he married and divorced a woman fifty years younger than him. He sued her saying that she essentially locked (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: O Winston Link passed away

(...) Yeah, might not me good for me to do that hey ;-) josh (...) (23 years ago, 2-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains)