 Trains / 9404
Re: Article from Tommorow ("Switchtrack") < Warning Speculative!!>
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 27 Jan 2001 14:58:38 GMT

<Warning!! This post contains speculative musings on possible new products.
These are enclosed by <FUTURE></FUTURE> tags..>

In lugnet.general, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
In lugnet.general, Alex Farlie writes:
<WARNING This post contain sepculative ideas on new products.. It should not
be regarded as fact. Hopefully TLC/TLG might listen to the ideas in it
though..>
[snip alot]

Nice ideas, but not too probable since Lego uses 9V direct current and Märklin
always used alternating current... I think there would be no advantage for
these two companies to develop a new dcc system. If Lego ever does it will be
quite simple (for kids).

<FUTURE> One of the 'technical' differences between Marklin's system and
Lego Mindstroms that the joint design tema had to overcome I think..

From the catalouge it looks like the system uses a Marklin firmware but at
the 9V Lego track volatge!!..
</Future>

I fear that would mean to control not more than 4 engines on track plus not
more than 8 points.

<FUTURE> Have you heard whats hapening to the train line for 2003? I hardly
call some of those sets Junior..
('Trouble is you can only get them via S@H in the US! :-( ')
Please more Trains Sr TLG!! Esp. now you have your 'alliance' wth Marklin..
</FUTURE>

Alex

Just my two pennies....

Regards,