 Trains / 9193
9192  |  9194
Subject:
new trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 02:44:14 GMT

OK, so we have lots of really strong hints (basically statements) that
there is going to be a new/changed line of Lego trains coming out soon.

As one of the people who doesn't know what it is, I'm darned near dying
of curiosity. So, it ocurred to me that one of the best ways of getting
someone to spill the beans, is to have lots of discussion about it so
that someone accidentally makes a correction or hint that lets it all
fall into place. So, lets speculate!

Here's my guess (based on absolutely no inside information):

Lego has headed deeply into computer stuff now. So, the new trains will
have some tie-in to computers, somehow. Most "normal" model railroads
are now using electronic control systems which allow trains to be controlled
by signals flowing through the tracks, or via radio, and the tracks supply
a fixed level of power for all trains on it. So, my guess is that Lego is
going to do something like that. I *hope* they don't require any batteries
in the trains!

Opinions?

--
Don't design inefficiency in - it'll happen in the implementation.

Chris Gray     cg@ami-cg.GraySage.COM
               http://www.GraySage.COM/cg/