 Trains / 8984
Re: The Royal Train Website
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 17:52:51 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Frank Buiting writes:

"Brian Williams" <brian_williams@ameritech.net> wrote in message

I've finally completed a new website showcasing my Lego train layout in • the
NW suburbs of Chicago (ocassionally refered to as GMLTC south).  You can
check it out at "www.royal-train.com".  There was a lot of interest when I
managed to post a few of the pictures several months ago so email me if I
can answer any questions.  I'll be adding to it over the next few weeks so
check back periodically too.  Have fun!

This is the reason why the "add to favorites" menu option is in my
browser... Great stuff Brian!

It's also the reason we trainheads say "all themes are just spare parts for
Trains" :-). In particular:
http://www.royal-train.com/gallery_winterthur1.jpg which uses a LOT of
castle. (in its proper place, fancy bridge parts)

I think this is my favorite shot of the whole gallery, there is so *much*
going on for the eye to see... and the houses blend into the backdrop SO
gracefully. I'm not a big fan of GFLTC style enclosed diorama boxes but one
strong point of their use, as evidenced here, is the ability to build up
scenes with visual separation and background, something that is much harder
or even impossible to do on flat tables.

++Lar