 Trains / 9011
Re: Roof building (was Re: The Royal Train Website)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 17:13:40 GMT

daan bargerbos wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.castle, Frank Buiting writes:

"Brian Williams" <brian_williams@ameritech.net> wrote in message

I've finally completed a new website showcasing my Lego train layout in • the
NW suburbs of Chicago (ocassionally refered to as GMLTC south).  You can
check it out at "www.royal-train.com

It's also the reason we trainheads say "all themes are just spare parts for
Trains" :-). In particular:
http://www.royal-train.com/gallery_winterthur1.jpg which uses a LOT of
castle. (in its proper place, fancy bridge parts)

Can anyone tell me how you can build roofs with the plates like you can see
in he url Larry ponts out as one of his favourite pictures?

I tried to figure it out, but I don't come further as putting them together
with the "car-element" (I dont know a better description), but then you only
get roofs that are 90 degrees fixed.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Daan

Daan,

  If you look at the buildings with the red roofs you can see some black bricks
mixed in with the white. The black bricks right under the roof are special
parts. The part is basically a right triangle with a small rectangle cut out
(where the right angle should be). The edge of the triangle that forms the
hypotenuse has studs on it, and these studs hold the roof plates in place.
  Sorry I do not know the part number, or I'd give a reference for it.

Chris
--
PGP public key available upon request.