 Trains / 892
Re: Recycle truck hook (was Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 20 Mar 1999 18:51:52 GMT

Larry,

Yup, I have two of those, it is a nice set. That part combination with
the mini-boat is a real slick feature on that set. I used the second one
for a Coastal Marine ADF G-200 vehicle, one of my own creations. I will
have to get my webpage cleaned up one o these days.

Scott Sanburn

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

O! I forgot about coastal cutter, and I even HAVE that set. It's used to
pick up the boat, IIRC.

Joshua Delahunty wrote:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

One note:

"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" wrote:
See http://www.vfaq.com/LEGO/Dacta/ for PRELIMINARY info.

and there it says in the recycle truck blurb:

"The hook for the pod seems to be unique to this set."

That turns not to not QUITE be true. That hook part also comes in 4564.
(http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=4564)
But buying an out of
production 9V set to get that part is rather a steep butchers bill. In
fact, as the part is made from a different plastic than most, I took the
decision to stash that part as insurance against disaster when I parted
out 3 of my comm vehicles sets. Well, Tom Stangl weaseled one out of me,
I think. And some of the 1x2x8 med slopes from the gas tanker.

Now that Tom apparently bought out Kaplan, anyone with a 4564 they love
should buy a recycle truck from him to protect their investment in that
part. It's rare. Stangl should raise the price of it a bit and give me
back the one he weaseled... :-)

[Sorry I'm coming in late on this one]

There are two different elements involved, and they're in at least three
sets, actually:

1x4 Spring Cage, Hinge Connect, 3M

Qty Color Set  U.S. Set Name            Year Theme
--- ----- ---- ------------------------ ---- --------------
1   Red   6353 Coastal Cutter           1991 Nautica
1   Red   6668 Recycle Truck (European) 1992 Transportation
1   Red   4564 Freight Rail Runner      1995 9v

========

Angled Grasp Element

Qty Color Set  U.S. Set Name            Year Theme
1   Red   6353 Coastal Cutter           1991 Nautica
1   Red   6668 Recycle Truck (European) 1992 Transportation
1   Red   4564 Freight Rail Runner      1995 9v

No, I didn't name them the best way possible.

Doesn't change the fact that the elements are rare, of course.

                                        -- joshua

FDIC Know your Customer is wounded, thanks to you, but not dead...
See http://www.defendyourprivacy.com for details
- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.