 Trains / 8805
Re: Another Christmas Train: The Santa Express
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun.holiday, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 17:03:05 GMT

In lugnet.fun.holiday, John Neal writes:

Nice work, Greg!  I like a lot of the details-- lights, wreaths, etc.  Though
it seems, however, that you have already picked up the most valuable building
tip you could get -- to build your train 8 wide!!  {:^D

John - Thanks for the compliments & feedback.  I had thought about
"bragging" in my original post that I am at least clued in enough to know
that the proper train width is 8 studs wide.  I picked up this tip from the
GMLTC folks during Kidvention this year. I had to work a bit to get my cars
& engines connected but I think it definitely works better in terms of being
able to build details inside the cars.

Like you I would think that marketing a Holiday Train would be a natural for
LEGO but I guess we've all learned not to apply our logic to their business.
I too am going to be hunting for those post-Christmas bargains on the
trains. I've seen a lot of 4561 sets in local stores that have just been
sitting there waiting for the price slashing to begin.

Greg

Video clips of The Santa Express in action are now available at my web site,
The Animated Brick Company Showcase:

http://members.nbci.com/animatedbrik/