 Fun / Holiday / 71
Re: Another Christmas Train: The Santa Express
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun.holiday
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 17:12:07 GMT

In lugnet.fun.holiday, Nathan McDowell writes:

Really great work, Greg.  I'd have to say that's my favorite LEGO train I've
ever seen =).  I'm not a trainhead or anything but now I've got the urge to
buy one and build theme trains like that.  We need more silly trains, less
excruciatingly exact replicas of real life trains, I mean, how boring is
that? ;-) <G,D,R>  Seriously though, that's a wonderful piece of work.  It's
got everything Santa needs. =)

~Nathan

Thanks for the feedback, Nathan.  Prior to making the Santa Express I had
been thinking about creating a Psychedelic Train which would have virtually
no relation to reality and would go round and round inside a Fun House like
set that would feature an insane mish-mash of all kind of LEGO themes (your
mushroom houses would fit right in!).

That idea is still on the list, but while working on the Christmas train I
started thinking about building a train where each car would relate to a
different theme - an Egyptian Mummy car, a Wild West car, a Castle car, a
Ninja car, a Spooky car etc.  That ought to drive some of the regular Train
folks bonkers! Something to work on in 2001.

Greg