 Trains / 8737
  Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY

(...) Thanks! :-) When the Guiness PNLTC stuff was going on with (...) Yes, I agree, but you need a foundation or a masive ballast, because the strings try to tilt the pillar. The bow bridge has the advantage to stand on two points (or lines in (...) (24 years ago, 11-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: My newest creation, Hell Gate Bridge NY

(...) You could probably make a larger truss - yes - but a suspension bridge will always be able to be made longer - and from less LEGO. The counterweight and bending tower problem is easily fixed at the same time the span length is increased. ie. (...) (24 years ago, 12-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)