 Trains / 8725
Re: another design for automated points
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 2000 14:45:24 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mario Ferrari writes:
Wessel, could you please explain how you make the train close the switches
connected to the Codepilot?

The program for the barcode unit is very easy:

step 1: push sensor
step 2: motor turns left
step 3: 1 sec.
step 4: push sensor
step 5: motor turns right
step 6: 1 sec.

I made a part of the train stick out on the side so it touches a
touch-sensor that is located along the track. When the train passes the
sensor it pushes the sensor and briefly activates the motor which closes the
switch. In the setup that you can see on my website this puts current on the
inner track and hence the second train starts to move. The first train moves
to the inner track because the switch is closed and pushes the second
sensor. This activates the motor which closes the switch and cuts the
current to the inner track. The second train now moves to the outer track
where it pushes the sensor and everything starts all over again.

I hope this is clear. I'll try and make some pictures to clarify things.

Greetings,

Wessel