 Trains / 8538
Re: NELUG participates in December 2nd and 3rd Greenberg Show.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ma
Date:
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 23:48:25 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Kingsley writes:
The NELUG web page has been updated with Thumbnailed pictures and a report on
the show and some of the storys we had from the show.  I am sure I missed some
of the stories but I am sure others can add their stories here.

Anyway no need to repeat what is on the website here.  If you have a question
for us we will be glad to try and answer your questions.

http://www.nelug.org/greenberg1200/

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/

Congratulations on a successful show. =)  It sounds like you guys had a
blast!  It's great to hear that so many people were interested in your
layout and the whole LEGO Train theme as well.  LEGO has been making trains
for decades and it's funny how few people know about it, especially model
railroad fans.  On an aside, it's funny to think about the 'stigma' that
goes with an adult buying LEGO 'toys', the odd looks you get when you freak
out in a Toys R Us when you see a new set, the cashiers who ask "This is for
you?!" and then sneer at you (I've gotten this before), but when you have
something like this layout of yours to show for all the time and money you
put into it, people think twice about LEGO being just a 'toy' for kids and
they're actually genuinely interested in the hobby.  Wow, that was a rather
long run on sentance =).  Oh, that train track seems dangerously close to
the edge of the table though... DUN-Dun-duuuuun! =)  Here's hoping there
weren't any suicidal hobos on those trains =).

~Nathan