 Trains / 8493
  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

Great tip, I never thought about using multible pulley/rubber bands! A big problem is the detent, the two at rest positions are very "sticky". Naybe more then multible rubber bands can even move. I'll give it a try. SteveB (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: motorized points - beating a dead horse

(...) I made a design that used a clutch gear and fit into a house. It worked very well when the switch was "warm" but wouldn't always trip it when it had been sitting for a bit. But it allowed the throw arm to fully though the switch one way or the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)