 Trains / 8393
8392  |  8394
Subject:
crossover?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 14:58:17 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

As many of you know, there is an ongoing effort to draw model railroaders
into our LEGO(r) hobby, which has been having some positive results. I
decided to conduct a little bridging test with my latest Milton Train Works
custom kit... I posted the inaugural auction to TWO eBay categories... both

Toys, Bean Bag Plush:Modern:Lego

and

Collectibles:RR Models, Trains:Kits:General

I'm going to try to publicise it in the rec.models.railroad newsgroup. It
will be interesting to see if it has any effect. Has anyone done a
successful "crossover auction"? What other listing category did you use and why?

Here is a link to a post that gives a link to the auction, although there's
no particular reason to go look at the auction itself unless you wanted to
see how I put a lot of stuff into it that hopefully increases interest among
model railroaders... well, actually, that is a pretty good reason.

http://news.lugnet.com/market/auction/?n=7295

FUT market.theory.

++Lar