 Trains / 8358
Re: New Train fellow at The BrickShelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 04:23:01 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Trobaugh writes:
In lugnet.trains, Steve Chapple writes:
In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
Just saw this new trains posting to The BrickShelf
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=laavto

I noticed that, but what I noticed and liked more was this:
Nice work James.  (I'd say all you need now is one of my bridges,
but if you said "sure send me one" I'd be without my prototype.) ;-)

SRC
StRuCtures
(Brother can you spare a thousand black beams?)

Hey that is nice, I hadn't seen that one yet. Very nice work James, I didn't
even think it was LEGO at first. Love the color scheme.

Thanks, but the color scheme is just an imitation.  I think the color scheme
is nice, too, but we must acknowledge whoever works for Amtrak.

This brings up the point of MOC's.  The more I build LEGO models of
"real-life" trains, the more I realize that what I built are not *exactly*
My Own Creations; perhaps MOI's is better?   MOI = My Own Imitation

This Amtrak  model started a long time ago as my effort to build a
Talgo-like trainset.  My original design displayed a dominant read and red
color scheme.  I prefer the softer green much better.

I've been doing some more tests on the single-shared axle, as well.  I've
tried to "beef" it up.  Initial tests today show that it holds up for at
least 30 minutes.  I need to put it through a tougher, more curvey, test
track, for a longer period of time to really test its durability.

I sure wish I could create a background like the above real-life photo for
photographing this LEGO version of the Cascades, but, I live in a high
desert Rio Grande river valley.  I do have the snow-capped mountain right
out my back door, but no large body of water.

I would love to ride the Cascades in real life.  Same with the Acela.  I've
been able to ride some others of my LEGO passenger trains' real-life
counterparts.  That's been fun.

I wax on....sorry.  Back to the point:  no credit to me for the color scheme.

later,
James Mathis