 Trains / 825
    Re: Train Depot DCC Update —Matthew Bates
   (...) I suppose I could try soldering wires to it and thereby put it between the DCC decoder output and the motor. Does it need to be thermally coupled to the motor though or is the heat of the current passing through it sufficient? Matt (25 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Train Depot DCC Update —Martin Legault
   (...) Hard to say, some are able to heat by themself and some need external heat source, but the first type normaly stay "open" as long as there is power applied to them while the second type slowly became less resistive when they cool down, so if (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Train Depot DCC Update —Martin Legault
     Soete Ludo wrote: Hi,   I read your answer to Matt Bates concerning the lego train motor.   It's so that if you overload the speed regulator that the voltage will drop down due to an internal cirquit into the voltage regulator. This is a LM317 and (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Train Depot DCC Update —Martin Legault
   <snip every thing> After opening my first lego motor, I took a look at that rounded part. Just with my technical knowledge (didn't perform anytest on it) I defenetivly say it is a thermistor and it doesn't have to be heated by the motor, just the (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.trains)