 Trains / 8233
    Re: Why did Lego stop the electrically controlled trains? —Holger Matthes
   Hi Michael, LEGO® stopped producing electric switches etc. in 1990 while changing the system from 12 Volts to 9 Volts! There were a first change in 1980 when the grey tracks werre introduced and the blue ones ran out of production. Check Ben's Train (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Why did Lego stop the electrically controlled trains? —Ross Crawford
     I don't remember a de-coupler, but I have [1] the set with the signals and cut-out switch. There was a black 4x2 brick which went into the bottom of the motor, and had a little push-to-break switch on the bottom. The signals had a plate that raised (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Why did Lego stop the electrically controlled trains? —Michael Lachmann
   Bad that they always stop the good stuff. I think Lego should not forget about the older children ... I met a young father yesterday who become a new Lego-fan now since he saw all the nice things from Lego. I believe there would be enough people (...) (24 years ago, 20-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)