 Trains / 8098
Re: Is it possible to make trains in automation?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 03:07:34 GMT

  Hi Zhengrong,

  The Mindstorms units would work great for this. Thw WAMALUG folks have
also experimented with using DCC units in LEGO locomotives.

  While I may add some DCC to my motors, I'm also only looking for a
a couple feature to add ease-of-use to my layout...but I don't want
it to play with itself! Using the RCX, or droid kits for "animation"
of a freight station, or a round house or transfer table is one thing,
but *I* built it, so *I* want to make it go! ;-)

  We're waiting for the Mindstorms tour to come to the SF Bay Area.
Since it will be here just after our December club meeting, I'm hoping
that some of our members will bring some ideas for animating models
to the meeting, and maybe bring them to the malls, to show them at the
tour demonstrations. :-)

  The tour has stimulated a few good ideas for RCX-controlled MOC's.
There was even an RCX mounted on a train locomotive at the PNLTC
Guiness event, where a young kid used the IR remote to drive it
forward and back around an unpowered layout. :-)

     -Z-    http://www.baylug.org/    http://www.baylug.org/train/