 Trains / 8094
  Is it possible to make trains in automation?

I am buying train sets at the moment, I haven't seen any automation train sets, I mean train will move automatically, it will be in high speed when leaving station, slow speed and stop when near and arrive station, it can avoid oppsite train in (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is it possible to make trains in automation?

You could do this with the freight loading tain set and a couple of mindstorm RCX blocks. I already have an RCX controlling my trains and doing collision avoidance. The code can be easily modified to slow dows/stop at the freight station. You would (...) (24 years ago, 3-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is it possible to make trains in automation?

Hi Zhengrong, The Mindstorms units would work great for this. Thw WAMALUG folks have also experimented with using DCC units in LEGO locomotives. While I may add some DCC to my motors, I'm also only looking for a a couple feature to add ease-of-use (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is it possible to make trains in automation?

Well, I'm looking at a slightly different method. And please note I have no train stuff yet, so none of this has been tried, and isn't likely to be soon... First, I split the layout into "sections" by isolating between track pieces. Then I write a (...) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)