 Trains / 8045
    Re: Acela ver2: Magnetic nose coupler —Christopher Masi
   Jumping in to add my voice to the 6 vs 8-wide thing. 8-wide has been fun. I think the biggest advantage is the extra interior room. Big cars look cool, but when you can open them up and have great interiors the coolness factor goes WAY up. The three (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Acela ver2: Magnetic nose coupler —James Mathis
     In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi writes: <snip 8-wide discussion> <Masi points out 8-wide good for interiors> I have really enjoyed seeing all the 8-wide creations. Agreed, the interior space available in an 8-wide creation is very cool. What I've (...) (24 years ago, 31-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Acela ver2: Magnetic nose coupler —John Neal
    Christopher Masi wrote: <snip> (...) Interesting you should say that, Chris, because when building 8 wides and larger, I have found it to be exactly the opposite case. When I have a large project in the works, I find it very time consuming to (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Acela ver2: Magnetic nose coupler —Christopher Masi
   (...) All I meant was that I never have enough bricks to make two 6-wide models of the same thing, so I do not loose much by making one 8-wide creation. So, the brick count does not seem to be a big deal from my point of view. On the other hand, if (...) (24 years ago, 1-Nov-00, to lugnet.trains)