 Trains / 7822
7821  |  7823
Subject:
Newbie
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2000 13:57:29 GMT

Hi all,

I'm coming out of my dark ages as it seems to be called in these lists. Last
year I went to a shop to my my daughter her first Lego and thought I'd just
get myself a little Technic cart. Oops. We're now 12 sets later, and all my
old Lego no longer lives in my parents attic....
Anyway, to the point. My main interests at the moment are Robotics and
Serious Modelling. For the latter it seems trains are a great opportunitie:
nice scale, enough detail. And growing up with a dad who has 50 N-scale
trains.... Anyway, my problem is where to start? There are simply no
intersting train sets at the moment. What sets would be recommended? Or what
parts should I get from Brickbay, Baylit and the likes? I'd like to start
with some small engines, steam or Diesel...

Thanx!

Duq