 Trains / 7636
  Re: Basic 'bread and butter' tank cars to share with you.

(...) Not sure I parsed this one correctly. They seem "cute". Kind of small, and could use some detailing like railings, ladders, discharge valving, etc. BUt a good start. Question for the group, should a tank like this be 4 diameter or 6. For a 6 (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Basic 'bread and butter' tank cars to share with you.

(...) My inclination is that 4 diameter is acceptable. While we certainly should use all available parts for more accurate models, ultimately we are working in a medium which will always have a toy-like appearance, especially if we want to populate (...) (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Basic 'bread and butter' tank cars to share with you.

(...) get (...) old (...) I heartily agree with you, we're in this to have fun. Not to 'count rivets' as some in the NMRA do. This is one of the reasons I had left the NMRA in the first place-Harvey (24 years ago, 5-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)