 Trains / 7594
Re: Getting started with LEGO trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 20:59:11 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Powell writes:
In lugnet.trains, Henry Wagner writes:
I just joined the list and have a few beginner questions on LEGO trains.

First, what sets are currently available? Ideally a sets that come with
track, trains, transformer, etc. Basically something to get started with.

although I don't know if 4565 is still availabe from S@H.
  I don't think this set comes with a transformer however. If you want to the
greatest selection of currently available train sets call LEGO S@H and request
a current catalog (800) 835-4386 (S@H direct). All of the current train sets
and accessories should be included, though as of today you cannot order these
online.
  The best starter set is the <set:4561> but only if you can get it from KB
Toy Outlet or KB Toy liquidators for $49 each. <set:4565> is a great set for
models, playability, parts, etc. (assuming you have a transformer to actually
make the train run).
  <set:3225> is also a good set for parts, especially if you can find it below
the $66 list.  But LEGO has discontinued it, and it only come with the cars
(no track). There may be some floating around LEGO Outlet stores or
Imagination centers, or on someone's for sale page.

Welcome to Trains...
Ben Gatrelle