 Trains / 7255
Re: What happened to Matt's Train Depot?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2000 21:35:17 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John R. Clark writes:
Okay, so here's the suggestion. Whoever wants to volunteer to do this updating
for Matt, go to the page to be updated, choose "View source," download the • page
to your own system, make the changes, email the new html pages and any source
data to Matt, then he can upload the changes to his site in 5 or 10 minutes.

Or do I misunderstand the complexity of the task?

You're right, it's not much more complicated than that. But I know if I got
back into updating it it'd suck up more than 5 or 10 minutes of my time. What
I would prefer is someone takes it over. I'll email them all the files and
they can host it on their own site, when it's up on the new site I'll just
make my site redirect to theirs.

If anyone wants to volunteer - here are some requirements...

1) The new site owner will be responsible for hosting the site including any
costs involved.
2) The new site cannot be subsidized by any kind of on-screen or pop-up
advertising.
3) The new site owner will be responsible for hosting any future updates to
Track Designer unless other arangements are agreed to.
4) For the time being, the name and the look and feel of the site must remain
the same. I am prepared to renegotiate this in the future as needs be.
5) The new owner needs to be proficient in writing html.
6) The new owner must accept submissions from other people and act as an
editor. Of course, I don't expect the new owner to publish all submissions,
only those which are useful and/or interesting.

Matt