 Trains / 7204
Re: What happened to Matt's Train Depot?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 05:25:32 GMT

Okay, so here's the suggestion. Whoever wants to volunteer to do this updating
for Matt, go to the page to be updated, choose "View source," download the page
to your own system, make the changes, email the new html pages and any source
data to Matt, then he can upload the changes to his site in 5 or 10 minutes.

Or do I misunderstand the complexity of the task?

Method #2: Wait another 6 months, and his kids will be old enough to do the web
site updates for him (How old are they now Matt? 4 or so?)

Total amount offered: $.02.

Rick Clark

SRC wrote:

In lugnet.trains, Michael Lachmann writes:
Since nearly a year now, there are no news on Matt's Lego Train
Depot......Does somebody know what happened?

In lugnet.trains, Matthew Bates writes:
I do. I simply don't have time to update it any more. Now that my
kids are old enough to play with Lego, I build stuff with them rather
than spend time updating my website.

Matt - Great to see you're alive and well.

Regarding your Train Depot - If I were in your situation, I too would choose
time with my kids over computer work.  Perhaps you could let one of us
single LEGO-Train-nut-computer-geek types take over the site maintenence
and updates.  It's not like there's a shortage of us around...   :-)

SRC