 Trains / 7208
  Re: So who wants to update Track Designer?

What language is the source code for Track Designer? jt ---- James J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) Clark <jrclark@nospam.aol.com> wrote in message news:39B1E762.297956...aol.com... (...) (24 years ago, 3-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: So who wants to update Track Designer?

It's written in Microsoft Visual C++ with MFC 4.0. I would be more than happy for anyone to volunteer to take over the future development of Track Designer. I am sure there are many features that people would want to see added. Anyone who takes it (...) (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: So who wants to update Track Designer?

I'd be willing to take over but my C is pretty rusty, I've been living in a VB world for some time now. I'd hate to make this my learning project with Visual C++ with so many people depending on it's success. I did start working on a web based type (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: So who wants to update Track Designer?

(...) If James and I are the only ones interested in taking over for you, it makes sense to me for us to split your work between us, and he would probably be better than I to host your Train Depot. (with GLTCor whatever) I'm a C programmer and CAD (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: So who wants to update Track Designer?

(...) I've a great deal of interest, and probably the needed skills, but zippo timewise to do any coding. However I would be delighted to beta test stuff and participate in suggestiong improvements, as I would suspect a lot of us are. Here's hoping (...) (24 years ago, 7-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: So who wants to update Track Designer?

In lugnet.trains, Matthew Bates writes: Hi, I've used Matt's TD a long time ago and I saw that the train tracks were being added to the LCAD library in the current vote, so I had the idea of turning it into a plugin for LeoCAD. That way it would be (...) (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: So who wants to update Track Designer?

No one else with MFC/C/C++ experience has volunteered so unless there is any objection I'll offer it to Leonardo. I'll try and collect all the source code together this weekend. Matt (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

"Matthew Bates" <train_depot@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:G1nynq.2EH@lugnet.com... (...) any (...) code (...) Speaking of Track Designer, has anyone modeled the PNLTC tables as Track Designer elements? Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: So who wants to update Track Designer?

(...) I did the NGLTC tables, but the thing about Track Designer is that you can't export/import single elements, its all or nothing. Maybe who ever updates it can add that feature. jt (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: So who wants to update Track Designer?

(...) If Leonardo has the willingness and ability and the time, then he would seem to be the man for the job. I think a good chunk of us here have the first two - it's the available time that is the hard one. :-) SRC (24 years ago, 29-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: So who wants to update Track Designer?

(...) He's got my vote. ++Lar Harry Brown 1.6%... Buchanan .6% (but who gets on Meet The Press sunday?) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: So who wants to update Track Designer?

(...) That's cool, things have been a bit slow at work and I'll have some time to work on it. Is there a list of suggestions somewhere ? Leonardo (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: So who wants to update Track Designer?

(...) My list is with the NGLTC individual who took over MB's Train Depot site. However the general ideas in it where. -Link to exsiting L-CAD programs. - Use LCAD Parts libary of baseplates instead of set numbers? - Automatic Layout generation. Not (...) (24 years ago, 30-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: So who wants to update Track Designer?

(...) Obviously Buchannan has some pull withing the media. He is a career columnist, pundit and talk show host. Plus, tv execs know there will be big fireworks with Hitl^H^H^H Buchannan there. KL (24 years ago, 1-Oct-00, to lugnet.trains)