 Trains / 7151
  What happened to Matt's Train Depot?

Since nearly a year now, there are no news on Matt's Lego Train Depot. I found this to be a very good site in matters of Lego trains. But wy is this site so quiet now? Does somebody know what happened? Michael (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What happened to Matt's Train Depot?

I do. I simply don't have time to update it any more. Now that my kids are old enough to play with Lego, I build stuff with them rather than spend time updating my website. Matt (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What happened to Matt's Train Depot?

(...) That's understandable,i now have 3 kids old enough to build with myself.By the way ,i agree with you when you say the airport shuttle is the best town set ever made! (...) (24 years ago, 31-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What happened to Matt's Train Depot?

(...) Dear Matt, what about a just small update of your set reference? One of my German friends has drawned further small pictures (in the same style than yours) and he would be willing to share them. Your site with the pictorial list is still one (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What happened to Matt's Train Depot?

How about "subcontracting" some of the work? ----- Original Message ----- From: Reinhard "Ben" Beneke <r.beneke@tu-bs.de> To: <lugnet.trains@lugnet.com> Sent: Friday, September 01, 2000 10:40 AM Subject: Re: What happened to Matt's Train Depot? (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  A Reguest(was Re: What happened to Matt's Train Depot?)

(...) Hello Matt, Glad to see your are still around. My name is Alex farlie, I am currently trying to get together a fan-zine with a Lego(R) slant. I was wondering if you would be willing to allow material from the train depot to be included in the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What happened to Matt's Train Depot?

(...) I meant exactely that: the pictures do exist and they just need to be uploaded on Matt's site: Since some of the pictures (like for e.g. 725) look like broken links, there is maybe nothing more to do than this. (Of course an update to the (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What happened to Matt's Train Depot?

(...) I have just uploaded some of the missing pictures in my brickshelf gallery: (URL) one hint: I haven't the permission to do so, but I think Herbert Meier who (owner the copyright afaik) should have no problem with that, since he asked Matt once (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What happened to Matt's Train Depot?

(...) Matt - Great to see you're alive and well. Regarding your Train Depot - If I were in your situation, I too would choose time with my kids over computer work. Perhaps you could let one of us single LEGO-Train-nut-computer-geek types take over (...) (24 years ago, 1-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What happened to Matt's Train Depot?

Okay, so here's the suggestion. Whoever wants to volunteer to do this updating for Matt, go to the page to be updated, choose "View source," download the page to your own system, make the changes, email the new html pages and any source data to (...) (24 years ago, 3-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What happened to Matt's Train Depot?

(...) page (...) You're right, it's not much more complicated than that. But I know if I got back into updating it it'd suck up more than 5 or 10 minutes of my time. What I would prefer is someone takes it over. I'll email them all the files and (...) (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What happened to Matt's Train Depot?

Matt, Do you know the current total size of the site? jt (...) updating (...) (24 years ago, 5-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What happened to Matt's Train Depot?

(...) I'm not sure exactly but it's around 10 Meg I think. Matt (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What happened to Matt's Train Depot?

Matt, I would be willing to host the Train Depot off of the North Georgia LEGO Train Club site (www.ngltc.org). I would agree to your requirements, but would like to add a small notice on the site stating that it's being hosted by the NGLTC. I think (...) (24 years ago, 6-Sep-00, to lugnet.trains)