 Trains / 709
Re: removable stickers?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 05:33:31 GMT

To stripe doors, or other bricks for that matter, I use electrical tape in
various colors.  Most electrical supply stores have it available in about 10
different colors, most of which match Lego pretty well.  I like it because it
goes on easy, it's cheap and comes off easy with no residue.

Off topic.  When I bought my electric tape, the electric store didn't have any
power (ironic hugh?) and all the computers were down.  They didn't know what
the price of each role of tape was, so they sold me all ten rolls for $1.00.
Normally I think they go for about $1-$2 a roll.

I've developed a simple technique for cutting the width of the tape.  Assume
you want a stripe one plate thick/high.  Stack two 1x12 plates on top of one
another.  Stick a piece of tape on the edge with one edge of the tape lining up
the bottom of the bottom plate.

Press the tape firmly down, then pull the plates slightly apart.  Us an exacto
knife to cut between the two plates.  It's an easy way to get the width right.
After cutting, peel it off and apply it to your door or whatever.

As far as decals go, I simply pick them up from hobby stores.  HO seems a
little small, O seems a little large.  Can't have everything.

Hope this helps.

Ben Fleskes
PNLTC

Christopher Masi writes:
<snip>I have been thinking about using stickers to
change the colors of doors...say from green to half green and white (I
think Ben did this with green to green and black http://www.pnltc.org or
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/1857/benspage.htm).

So, I am simply looking for sticker buying and custom sticker printing
advice.

Thanks,
Chris