 Trains / 6854
Re: See Double Decker Commuter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 18:16:47 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Frank Buiting writes:

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message
news:Fz1nsF.7By@lugnet.com...
I post this in response to some discussion concerning double decker • commuter
trains.

This is a fairly old model.  I built it back in March or April.
It is still a version 1 model as I haven't had time nor inclination to • modify
it further.

I like it very much, hope you pick it up and make more cars and perhaps a
new version with the improvements you mentioned in your post. :-)

If ever I can afford to buy multiple blue soccer busses, then this is a
possibility because I really like the "buffalo" train set!

http://www.ee.nmt.edu/~jmathis/yellowdutchengine.html

Great! I recognised it immediately (I travel a lot in the 'real thing') Also
the 1700 series engine looks great!

Thank you.  I think my version of the 1700 engine is too short, but LEGO
modeling suggests compression.

Yeah, I also hoped for a yellow soccer bus... I already had plans to use
them... now I have changed my LEGO train company's colour scheme to blue
with white windows...

Maybe next year?

I am happy that there are now blue soccer buses.

The most of today's double deck cars in the Netherlands have blue windows
too
http://mercurio.iet.unipi.it/pix/nl/electric/emu/dd-irm/8467.jpg
(BTW. the engine on that picture is nicknamed 'buffalo')

This looks great.

<snipped all the cool links to the European Photo Gallery to the commuter
trains in The Netherlands>

I would really like to see a more modest, less 1x2x1 trans light blue
thinwall window element intensive, upper deck window treatment for these double
deck commuter trains.

later,
James Mathis