 Trains / 6766
    Re: New train MOCs —Christopher Masi
   I do not have spings, so I was trying to avoid a design that would need springs. Would you use the springs to hold the coupler in the locked or non-pivoting mode and when the train went around a curve the spring would allow the shaft to come out of (...) (24 years ago, 2-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: New train MOCs —Christopher Masi
     Preliminary tests suggest that my design idea may work. The problem is that if I use 2 3x3 wing plates with a 1 stud gap between them the mechanism is 7 studs wide. Obviously, 7 studs wide is not going to work on a 6-wide design. On an 8-wide design (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: New train MOCs —Christopher Masi
     I had another idea today while I was....ahh...standing around. A square technic beam may be able to hold the coupler straight. If a peg is place in the hole second (maybe the first hole would work to) from the end of the beam in pull mode the peg (...) (24 years ago, 4-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: New train MOCs —Thomas Cook
   I was thinking of using the "spring" to center the coupler when it was not coupled. This way you could back up to the car and couple without having to manually align the coupler. When negotiating turns the spring would allow the coupler to swing, (...) (24 years ago, 3-Aug-00, to lugnet.trains)