 Trains / 6512
Re: Even More MOC Cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 16:06:32 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Richard W. Schamus writes:

Well, now you aren't cause I just posted the blasted URL again.

OK, thanks. I went and looked at them. Some interesting ideas there. Tank cars
are hard to do, that's for sure. I'm a fan of "busy", as real industrial • things
tend to have a lot of things sticking out, small handles, hatches, valves, • etc.
especially if they are older and have had mods made to them over time. Stuff
accretes.

That said, I think you may have went a bit too far. Especially with the blue
tanker. Did you have a specific prototype in mind? All that clutter isn't • quite
convincing me of anything.

And finally, except for really old old cars most tanks in the US tend to not
have full frames (meaning don't use wagon plates, which I'm not a big fan of
anyway) but rather the tank itself adds a lot of structural integrity and has
small platforms (or nothing at all other than something stikcing out of the
bottom) that the trucks connect to.

That is so tough to model it's no wonder that hardly anyone manages to pull it
off. I sure haven't...

++Lar
Well,
No, no, and... ummm no.
I didn't have a prototype in mind other than what I wanted it to look like.
So, it's not modeled after any specific type of tanker. Some of the busy thing
help to hide all the blue Macaroni pieces in the construction of the actual
tank, which I thought was better than *all* the holes.

I liked using the wagon plate because it made it easier for me to do what I
wanted to do. If I had had some black shot wagon plates, I would have used
some of them.

Thanks for your comments. They are always greatly appreciated and welcomed
(even though I may not act on them).

Rich

--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (No, I don't work for TLC, but I want
to...)

BRICKFEST 2001 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER... START MAKING PLANS TODAY.

Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.wamalug.org &
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****