 Trains / 6481
Re: New grain transport cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 08:44:40 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:

Since I have had still a bunch of Legoredo parts, I tried again to build
something in brown. Since the walls are 6-studs high, what is too much for
6wide cars, I had to use a SNOT technic. But that allowed nice small vertical
lines in black.

If you now interested in my new design, take a look here under "original
creations":
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/trains/trains.html

direct picture links:
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/trains/pi476.jpg
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/trains/pi477.jpg

I still think there might be someone out there, who has done something quite
similar before, even if I can't find any prototyp. Am I right?

I don't think I have seen this clever technique before. Bravo! I may be wrong,
though.

While in the US, cars like this were never used in grain service (well, never
say never about US railroading, there is so much out there) they are EXACTLY
(or almost) what old time high sided gondola cars look like, right down to the
wavy look to the boards.

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. How did you turn the corners? (transition from
horizontal stripe on the side to vertical on the end)

Maybe I am going to have to part out my 10 Ft. Legoredos instead of selling
them on eBay next christmas.

++Lar

Kind Regards and have a nice weekend,

Ben