 Trains / 6462
Re: New grain transport cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 7 Jul 2000 16:57:44 GMT

Hi Ben,
Those are very nice, could you post or direct mail to me some more detail
photos. I would like to copy that design but I'm too tired to figure out the
details on my own. ;D  Like what's holding it all together and the stud
direction transitions. I have several white log walls, maybe I'll try a color
variation. This all assumes that you don't mind me copying!

BTW what's SNOT? Studs Not On Top??? sounds like LEGO version of Dr. Seuss.
SteveB

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:

Since I have had still a bunch of Legoredo parts, I tried again to build
something in brown. Since the walls are 6-studs high, what is too much for
6wide cars, I had to use a SNOT technic. But that allowed nice small vertical
lines in black.

If you now interested in my new design, take a look here under "original
creations":
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/trains/trains.html

direct picture links:
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/trains/pi476.jpg
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/trains/pi477.jpg

I still think there might be someone out there, who has done something quite
similar before, even if I can't find any prototyp. Am I right?

Kind Regards and have a nice weekend,

Ben