 Trains / 6476
Re: Something completly new (translation)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 19:59:12 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Paul Rutenberg writes:
Check this out, i think its really cool, was built by a guy here in Europe,
just not sure what country, but german speaking, it is one of those trains
that go up the side of montains [snip]

His name is Heinrich Berg, he lives in Krefeld, so he's from Germany.

In lugnet.trains, Adrian Egli writes:
Will some here be courteous enough to translate the text for us ?

I'll give it a try. If you spot spelling- or style-errors, please inform me.
I plan to send the text to Heinrich also, because he intents to add a English
version. Text between [ ]-brackets is comment added by me.

[Title]

LEGO® COGRAIL TRACK
Here it is: The Lego® cograil track. First pictures, I'm still setting up and
my time is limited.

[Beneath first picture]

The track has a gradient of 2 1/3 brick [height] over 8 studs [length] (tried
this out, until the cogweel mechanism and the looks matched).
It's driven by a 9V Technic Motor (5114) with worm screw transmission and a
cogwheel that grips the gear rack between the rails.
The current it taken from the rails through sliding-contacts.
The worm screw transmission is clearly visable through the window.

The train runs from the valley terminal (platform [connection] with 9V train)
towards the summit terminal (platform [connection] with 9V monorail) over a
total distance of 4 track part lengths equiped with gear rack. Manualy
regulated with a 9V Transformer (4548).

[Beneath second picture]

More pictures will follow, with instructions (...already a long time in
preparation, will take a while...)

Greatings from M. Moolhuysen. (who's living between the U.K. and Germany)